Monday, November 29, 2010

Constable Mali Tells A Tale.

Constable Mali is a renegade, who has been kicked out of Chavan's team. Nevertheless he is very much interested in the affairs of the detection team. He keeps his ear to ground.

He is quite friendly to me, though I am a little wary of him. He claims to have a direct link to Prathabh Garh, UP.

It is Mali  who seems to have the current information on Nashrat. According to him Nashrat is at his village. He suggests a team should be sent to UP to nab him. API Chavan is derisive. Chavan tells me to take Mali's  information with a large pinch of salt.

Yesterday night Mali calls me in the office and asks me a strange question. Was I at Coffee Day near Don Bosco, Matunga on the night of the incident? I was, but this is not known to anyone except me. I had not mentioned it because this was about  an hour before the vehicle was stolen. Well I am all ears now. Mali tells me that Nashrat was following me and had parked his vehicle next to the Pajero at Don Bosco. While I was at Coffee Day,  Nashrat pulled out the lock from rear door of the Pajero. There sitting in his vehicle, he prepared a duplicate  key. When I left he was right behind me. Then it was the work of an instant for him to heist the vehicle when I had parked at a friend's house about 30 minutes later.

That explains why the vehicle vanished in 15 minutes.

I am speechless. This has to be true. But how did Mali get this information?  He had to get it from Nashrat himself. Is Mali in touch with Nashrat ?

Mali says his informant was drinking with Nashrat, who was boasting about his latest exploits.

Like the Chinese say, I seem to be living in interesting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment