Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Yellow Gate Scam !

I am still reeling from the shock of having my car stolen. But more than that I am upset because of the treachery of Motor Vehicle Unit of the Crime Branch at Yellow Gate. I handed over to them vital information and clues which was enough to nab this criminal.  It cost me lot of money to get these clues -- the thieves had used my stolen cards to the tune of Rs 20000 before we got Nashrat's bank information.

They did not try to get the bank statement, photograph or follow up on the leads. Instead of  starting an investigation  they promptly alerted the criminal by blocking his  account and posting a warning about police inquiry.

Watching his account without disturbing it would have been the logical way to conduct the investigation and API Chavan was on right track. Now there is not much API Chavan can do.

Nashrat has since fled to his village in UP, where he is safe from Mumbai Police.

I think it was my biggest blunder -- going to Arun Chavan, who introduced me to API Gharate. I blame these corrupt officers for the loss of my car more than Nashrat. Surely Nashrat is the thief, but he  is stealing hundreds of Mumbai vehicles because the protection of these cops.

If your car is stolen,  stay clear of  Yellowgate Police, especially be wary of API Gharate and API Koketkar.

His ICICI account receives close to 4 lacs  per month through cash deposits from all over North India. This is definitely not the only account he has. By a rough estimate his income  is not less than Rs. 10 lacs per month. This is only 10% of the value of the stolen vehicles because he gets may be 1 to 1.5 lacs per SUV and around 70k  or less for cars.  On an average 10 vehicles are stolen every month by this gang alone -- that comes to more than 100 vehicles in a year. At an average cost Rs 10 lacs, this criminal is causing a loss of Rs 10 crores to the city. Well, it can't go on like this without paying a hafta to the police.

IMHO the MV unit should be closed and all the officers fired. They are making it easier for the car thieves.

I approached the Police HQ again to register my protest with the Joint CP crime. He was livid. He called Gharate and gave him a dressing down and directed me to API Dafle.

API Dafle was polite - offered me tea. He told me stories from his experiences in UP. Seems the cops there never cooperate visiting officers. They protect the fugitives and later take a cut from them. Gangsters like Nashrat will be never be caught in UP.

Dafle is taking the CDR of Nashrat's number. If you remember, we had previously taken the CDR of the  IMEI we got from MARU Nx and  we came up with an Airtel Number. He has requested the  CDR of this number for last three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment